Jade Presents Arts Partnership Grantees Announced
Jade Presents is pleased to announce the Fall 2016 Jade Presents Arts Partnership grantees given to Fargo-Moorhead musicians. The grants recognize outstanding talent and provide recipients with financial support and other resources to realize their artistic visions, improve their artistic skills and build sustainable careers.
The committee selected the following recipients:
- Stephanie Carlson, $900 toward a recital of oboe music by women composers.
- Sonja Harasim, $1,250 to commission, rehearse and perform a new piece for violin and piano.
- Ryan Hardy, $400 for private theatre organ lessons with a top professional theatre organist.
- Debora Harris, $1,500 for a solo flute concert highlighting women composers and ethnic cultures.
- Ska Skank Redemption, $1,000 to record five songs.
- Varying Degrees Trio, $1,346 for a series of regional concert performances for the percussion trio.
This is the second year that Jade Presents has teamed with The Arts Partnership to support local musicians.
“We wanted to do something very tangible to encourage local musicians. Music of all kinds – whether made by a Ska band or a classically trained oboist – has such power to move and affect all of us positively,” Jade Nielsen, President of Jade Presents, said. “This is our way of giving back to those who bring so much to the community.”
The six grants total $6,396; Jade Presents allocated a portion of every ticket sold to the 2016 Bluestem Summer Concert Series toward the grant fund. The Jade Presents grants are part of The Arts Partnership’s initiative to ensure that local artists working in dance, literature, media, music, theatre, traditional and folk arts and craft, or visual arts have the financial and other resources to be successful.